Interesting Facts About Back Pain
- Low back pain is the single leading cause of disability worldwide, according to the Global Burden of Disease 2010
- Back pain is one of the most common reasons for missed work. In fact, back pain is the second most common reason for visits to the doctor's office, outnumbered only by upper-respiratory infections
- One-half of all working Americans admit to having back pain symptoms each year
- Experts estimate that as much as 80% of the population will experience a back problem at some time in their lives
- American's spend at least $50 billion each year on back pain----and that's just for the more easily identified costs
Call Heartland Family Chiropractic, PLLC to learn more.
Causes of Sciatica
Several factors commonly contribute to sciatica, including:
- Normal aging
- Sedentary lifestyle
- An occupation that requires regular bending, lifting, or sitting
- Injury or trauma such as that caused by sports injuries
Fortunately, surgery is often not the only treatment that relieves the pain of sciatica. Chiropractic adjustments at Heartland Family Chiropractic, PLLC can be extremely beneficial in relieving lower back pain and pain associated with sciatica, especially in sciatica caused by injuries such as those that happen during bending, lifting, slips ,falls, or playing sports. Simple spinal adjustments can help realign vertebrae and relieve pressure on the sciatic nerve. As a result, you will feel better and have improved mobility.
Failed Back Surgery Syndrome
Back surgery has increased dramatically. Nearly 600,000 operations each year, double over the past decade, most of it unnecessary. In 2013, even the Journal of the American Medical Association suggested chiropractic care as an option for low back pain, noting that surgery should only be tried if all else fails.
Tired of hurting and being in pain? Call our chiropractic team today for the health of it.
When you choose Dr. Adam T. Fulkerson, DC at Heartland Family Chiropractic, PLLC the cause of your condition will be identified by a thorough physical examination, detailed history, and digital x-rays if determined necessary.
Once the cause is determined, Dr. Adam T. Fulkerson, DC will decide if you are a candidate for chiropractic care. If you are indeed a candidate a care plan will be developed for your condition.
Common chiropractic treatment options often include chiropractic adjustments, myofascial release, and traction therapy to help relieve pain. Stretches and spinal corrective exercises may also be recommended to help relax muscles and improve flexibility. Contact our team at (270) 234-8880 to schedule an appointment today.